Certified Personal Trainer / Class Instructor
WHP Studios are private personal training studios in Andersonville, Chicago. We provide inclusive, safe, private spaces and are aligned with a HAES (Health at Every Size) approach.
We are looking for entrepreneurial and self motivated Certified Personal Trainers, Sports Coaches and Group Fitness Instructors for in-person sessions in our Andersonville, Chicago studios and virtual/online classes from anywhere/remote locations.
The Trainer will be responsible for managing their own client sessions and class schedule, and producing training and instruction videos. They will also proactively grow their client list by marketing themselves in the local Chicago community and online via social media, etc.
The Trainer should also be committed to continuing education, adapting exercises and programs for varying fitness levels, movement goals and body types and should personally pursue best practices in nutrition and fitness.
Trainers have unlimited earning potential based on their growth in client sessions and class frequency/attendance. Experienced trainers with previous clients will also receive a signup commission on their client’s 1st package purchase, in addition to their session pay. WHP will also provide current client referrals, website, social media and cross-marketing opportunities with our partner businesses to build your client roster.
Desired expertise includes Pilates, Yoga, Gymnastics, Flexibility, Mobility, Functional Movement, Calisthenics, Weightlifting, Resistance/Strength Training, Cardio Conditioning, soccer, football, baseball, softball, tennis, basketball, track and field, lacrosse, etc.
This is a part-time W2 position, with opportunity to grow into full-time. Competitive compensation is based on experience. Independent contractor agreements will also be considered.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops safe, professional and comprehensive personal training programs to ensure clients are satisfied with their workout program and remain motivated to attain their personal fitness goals
- Monitors and instructs clients during personal training sessions on the safe and effective use of cardiovascular, flexibility and strength training equipment
- Conducts fitness consultations for new clients including pre-participation screening, Medical History, Lifestyle questionnaire, and goal setting to assess and recommend personal training programs
- Fulfills service requirements such as fitness assessments and equipment operations, service desk duties, fitness equipment cleaning and sanitation management
- Leads and promotes group fitness classes that engage attendees and promote increased movement and improved overall health
- Promotes and sells personal training programs and services
- Completes all administrative requirements associated with each client’s fitness plan
- Remains current on certifications and new trends in the industry
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ year of in-person, gym setting, personal training experience, preferred
- Certified Personal Trainer
- CPR and AED Certified
- Personal protective equipment provided/required
- Temperature screenings, social distancing guidelines, sanitizing, disinfecting, and/or cleaning procedures in place
If interested, please contact us with your resume/background, social media account/s, what interests you about us and how we can help achieve your fitness career goals!